Join us on our Coast to Coast Guided Walking Holiday and follow in the footsteps of Wainwright.
Book now to experience this delightful walk.
- 7th April -21st April 2018
- 31st August-14th September 2018
- 16th September-30th September 2018
- 6th April-20th April 2019
- 17th August- 31st August 2019
- 28th September-12th October 2019
The Coast to Coast walk is 192 miles long and was devised by Alfred Wainwright. It starts from St Bees on the west coast it goes through the Lakes and mostly follows the valleys. The Highest point is Kidsty Pike which is 780 metres high and the walk passes through the pretty lakeland village of Grasmere.
After the stunning mountains of the Lakes we reach the beautiful Yorkshire Dales high fells and wonderful meadowland valleys, going through Swaledale and onwards to the village of Reeth, the capital of Swaledale, before arriving in the market town of Richmond. Richmond is the largest settlement on the route with a stunning castle. Here we have a well earned rest with a day of leisure to enjoy.
From Richmond we head through the Vale of York which is flat and includes our longest days walk before arriving on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, with it’s heathered moorland. Pushing on through the village of Glaisdale we completeour journey in Robin Hoods Bay on the east coast.
We will be staying in bed and breakfast or hotels and your luggage will be transported for you daily so you just need to carry a day sack. The walk is fully guided by a qualified mountain leader.
Coast to Coast Guided Walking Holiday Programme
Your day-by-day guide:
- Day 1 – arrive St Bees
- Day 2 – St Bees to Ennerdale Bridge 14 miles
- Day 3 – Ennerdale to Rosthwaite 14.5m
- Day 4 – Rosthwaite to Patterdale 17.5m
- Day 5 – Patterdale to Shap 16m
- Day 6 – Shap to Kirkby Stephen 20 miles
- Day 7 – Kirkby Stephen to Keld 13 miles
- Day 8 – Keld to Reeth 11m
- Day 9 – Reeth to Richmound 11 miles
- Day 10 – Rest day
- Day 11 – Richmound to Ingleby cross 23m
- Day 12 – Ingleby cross to Clay Bank top 12.5m
- Day 13 – Clay bank top to Glaisdale 18.5m
- Day 14 – Glaisdale to Robin hoods bay 19 miles
- Day 15 – time to say our goodbyes and depart
Cost from £1270 per person, single supplements apply
Depending on the availability of accommodation then the itinerary may change. Note that there is no accommodation at Clay Bank so we’ll transfer from Clay Bank to our accommodation.
There will be a maximum of 12 people , included in the price is luggage transfer daily, 14 nights bed and breakfast and a mountain guide on walking days.