Join us for this Guided West Highland Way Walking holiday…
- 28th July-4th August 2017
- 5th August–12th August 2017
Ever fancied walking a long distance path? Well here is your chance!
The West Highland Way is 95 miles long and starts on the outskirts of Glasgow and winds it way through some excellent scenery finishing in Fort William.
It starts in the lowlands passing through farmland and woodland before arriving at Loch Lomond, the path runs up it shores passing Ben Lomond which at 974 meters is the most southerly munro, at the head of the loch the trail runs Glen Falloch into the village of Crainlarich from there it progress into more mountain scenery crossing Rannoch moor and climbs the devils stair case which is the highest point of the route which has excellent views, then drops down to Kinlochleven.
Then we progress up Lairigmoor pass with views in to Glen Nevis and Ben nevis then we make our way down into Fort William, which is at the foot of Britain Highest mountain Ben Nevis, which stands at 1,344 metres, which is 4,409ft and to mark a fitting end to this walk book the extra day [August only] and take a guided walk up the mountain. What more could you ask for?
- Day 1 Make your own way to accommodation in Glasgow
- Day 2 – Milngavie – Drymen 12 miles
- Day 3 – Drymen-Rowardennan 15 miles
- Day 4 – Rowardennan-Crianlarich 20 miles
- Day 5 – Crainlarich-Inveroran 16 miles
- Day 6 – Inveroran-Kinlochleven 18 miles
- Day 7 – Kinlocheven-Fort william 14 miles
- Day 8 – Time to say our good byes and make our way home
- August option only why not spend an extra day in Fort William and climb Ben Nevis
Cost from £770 per person, single supplements apply
There will be no more then 12 people on the trip plus the guide , depending on the availability of accommodation the itinerary could change we will be staying in bed and breakfast/hotel/inn.
Luggage will be transported daily so you just need to carry a day sac.
Included in the price is a mountain leader, luggage transfer and 7 nights bed and breakfast.
The Ben Nevis extra day is not included in the price and would come at an extra cost of £100 per person plus single supplement.
Check out this short video for a great insight into the West Highland Way