Join us for this guided Coast to Coast walking holiday in the footsteps of Wainwright…
Book now to experience this delightful walk
- 24th June- 8th July 2017
- 19th August-2nd September 2017
The Coast to Coast walk is 192 miles long, the walk was devised by Alfred Wainwright, it starts from St Bees on the west coast it goes through the Lakes it mostly follows the valleys.
The Highest point being Kidsty Pike which is 780 metres high, there are higher options along the route, we go through pretty lakeland village of Grasmere.
After the stunning mountains of the Lakes we reach the beautiful Yorkshire Dales high fells and wonderful meadowland valleys, going through Swaledale and onwards to the pretty village of Reeth, the capital of Swaledale, before arriving in the market town of Richmond. Which is the largest settlement on the route, with a castle! Here we have a well earned rest with a day of leisure to enjoy.
From here we head through the Vale of York which is flat which has the longest day before arriving on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, with it’s heathered moorland. Pushing on through the village of Glaisdale and completing our journey in Robin Hoods Bay on the east coast.
We will be staying in bed and breakfast and hotels, luggage will be transported daily so you just need to carry a day sack and there is also a rest day. The walk is fully guided by a qualified mountain leader.
- Day 1 – arrive St Bees
- Day 2 – St Bees to Ennerdale Bridge 14 miles
- Day 3 – Ennerdale to Rosthwaite 14.5m
- Day 4 – Rosthwaite to Patterdale 17.5m
- Day 5 – Patterdale to Shap 16m
- Day 6 – Shap to Kirkby Stephen 20 miles
- Day 7 – Kirkby Stephen to Keld 13 miles
- Day 8 – Keld to Reeth 11m
- Day 9 – Reeth to Richmound 11 miles
- Day 10 – Rest day
- Day 11 – Richmound to Ingleby cross 23m
- Day 12 – Ingleby cross to Clay Bank top 12.5m
- Day 13 – Clay bank top to Glaisdale 18.5m
- Day 14 – Glaisdale to Robin hoods bay 19 miles
- Day 15 – time to say our goodbyes and depart
Cost from £1270 per person, single supplements apply
If you do not want to pay Eventbrite booking fees you can book direct with me
Depending on the availability of accommodation then the itinerary may change, there is no accommodation at Clay Bank, so we would transfer from Clay Bank to our accommodation.
There will be a maximum of 12 people , included in the price is luggage transfer daily, 14 nights bed and breakfast and a mountain guide on walking days.
MAKE A BOOKING