The Dales Way runs from Ilkley to Bowness on Windermere and is 84 miles long. The Dales Way meanders through the Yorkshire Dales following the River Wharfe to its source on Cam Fell.
Beyond Wharfedale it follows the river Dee through charming Dentdale. Going through Sedbergh, the book village of the Yorkshire Dales, which lies at the foot of the Howgill fells, it leaves the Dales through rolling farmland, with the majestic Lakeland mountains in view to the town of Bowness on Windermere.
All you need to carry is a day sack as there’s a daily luggage transfer for one item of luggage (maximum weight 20kg) and we’ll be staying in guest houses and inns.
The itinerary below shows our preferred stopping points but this could change depending on the availability of accommodation.
Dales Way Walking Holiday Available Dates:
26th May-2nd June 2018
- Day 1 – Arrive Ilkley
- Day 2 – Ilkley – Burnsall 13.5 miles
- Day 3 – Burnsall – Buckden 15 miles
- Day 4 – Buckden – Cowgill 18.5 miles
- Day 5 – Cowgill – Sedbergh 10 miles
- Day 6 – Sedbergh – Burneside 17 miles
- Day 7 – Burneside – Bowness 10 miles
- Day 8 – Depart after breakfast
Price are from £750 per person single supplements apply.
Checkout this short video for a great introduction to the Dales Way