The Dales Way runs from Ilkley to Bowness on Windermere, it is 84 miles long, the Dales Way meanders through the Yorkshire Dales following the river Wharfe to its source on Cam Fell.
Beyond Wharfedale it follows the river Dee through charming Dentdale. Going through Sedbergh, the book village of the Yorkshire Dales, which lies at the foot of the Howgill fells, it leaves the Dales through rolling farmland, with the majestic Lakeland mountains in view to the town of Bowness on Windermere.
All you would need to carry is a daysack, as there is a daily luggage transfer for one item of luggage, maximum weight is 20kg, we will be staying in guest houses and inns.
The itinerary below shows our preferred stopping points but could change depending on accommodation availability.
1st – 8th April 2017
- 19th-26th May
- Day 1 Arrive Ilkley
- Day 2 Ilkley – Burnsall 13.5 miles
- Day 3 Burnsall – Buckden 15 miles
- Day 4 Buckden – Cowgill 18.5 miles
- Day 5 Cowgill – Sedbergh 10 miles
- Day 6 Sedbergh – Burneside 17 miles
- Day 7 Burneside – Bowness 10 miles
- Day 8 Depart after breakfast
Price from £770 per person single supplements apply, if you do not wish to pay Eventbrite fees you can book direct through me